September 22, 2006|
The collaborative blogging project and contest started Darren Rowse, AKA Problogger, earlier this week has come to a close. And unfortunately, neither Todd nor I were winners of any prizes. Just to show that we're not bitter, I decided to give a shout out to some of my favorite posts that were entered in the contest.
- For anyone who has ever gotten homesick while travelling, check out "How to recognize it's time for Repat", by Sand Gets in my Eyes.
- Are you a traveller on a budget? You might want to read "How to Travel", by Budget Globetrottin.
- For all our inner chefs, check out "How to Make the Perfect Chicken Soup", by Adornments by Lynn.
- Get every day grocercy shopping tips by reading "How to Save Money at the Grocery Store", by Foodphreak.
- Like Ebay? Here's some tips on how NOT to sell you stuff online: "How to be a Miserable Failure at Ebay", by Naked Ebay.
- For all you slightly old fashioned, or shall I say "vintage" music fans, this is a must-read for making your record collections more accessible: "How to Convert LPs to MP3s", by Newsome.
- Finally, some tips for selecting the perfect bottle of wine: "How to Buy Wines whose Labels Confuse You", by Cata Vino.
And here are some of Todd's favorites:
- For the evil geniuses in all of us: "How to Destroy the Earth with a Coffee Can", by Deep Astronomy.com
- Professional bloggers might want to check out "Integrating a Forum with WordPress", from Blog Helper.
- For some advice about increasing site traffic, read "How to Attract Links and Web Traffic–the Ultimate Guide", by Copyblogger.
The contest brought together lots of great bloggers with talents spread over a wide variety of topics, and proved that bloggers have extremely entertaining–and informative–things to say. Problogger's collaborative writing project demonstrates the power of blogging and is a great example of how people can use blogs to reach the masses. Overall, I give the project an A+.
You can see all the contest entries here.