The Brick Factory is looking for a front-end developer to take the lead on implementing innovative, effective websites and web solutions for our clients. We work with non-profits, trade associations, advocacy groups and brands, so there will be good variety in the work you do. Many of your projects will be major builds that you will oversee starting with the kick-off meeting, so you’ll develop a deep knowledge of each project and become our resident expert on your builds.
The Big Picture:
- Lead front-end development efforts on large web-based projects.
- Collaborate with our team of designers, project managers and back-end engineers to create project plans and to set realistic implementation schedules.
- Communicate effectively with project teams, and self-manage your time to make sure the work gets done well and on schedule.
- Think outside the box to help improve processes, implement new technologies, and develop innovative solutions for our clients.
- Convert design and user interface files into working websites; troubleshoot and support existing implementations.
- Construct responsive and mobile-focused themes for Drupal and WordPress.
- Configure modules; content types and views; roles and permissions; navigation, menus, taxonomy; actions and workflows.
- Execute build tasks with high attention to detail: client specs, validation, and load times.
- Test cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Maintain high execution standards: write clean, maintainable code; actively participate in code reviews; maintain documentation; maintain QA process.
What you bring to the table:
- You’re fun and easy to work with.
- You’re a problem solver. You would rather figure out the best solution than be told how to do it.
- You’re organized. You can manage multiple projects with an eye on project specs, quality and schedule.
- You have a deep knowledge of CSS and HTML with 4+ years of experience.
- You’ve gotten your hands dirty with CSS frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap.
- You have some experience with responsive design.
- It would be great if you also:
- Have a basic knowledge of Drupal and WordPress.
- Have worked with CSS preprocessors like SASS.
- Have worked with version-control systems like SVN or Git.
- Have a good sense of UX/UI.
- Have a basic understanding of PHP.
What we’ll bring to the table:
- A great small-team environment, with plenty of opportunity to lead and learn.
- A metro accessible office in downtown Washington, DC, if you’re in the neighborhood. We’re also open to telecommuting for the right candidate.
- A full-time position with a competitive salary.
- Budget for training and attending conferences.
- Generous vacation/personal time.
- We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Additional perks and benefits
Sound interesting? Take a look around our website, blog, Facebook and Twitter.
If you think we’d be a good fit please send a resume and cover letter to prodjobs at thebrickfactory . com. The cover letter is required. We realize that it’s not fun to write, but it helps us get to know you.