January 9, 2014|
We are looking for an intern to join our team this Spring. The job description is below as well as instructions for how to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
Spring Internship at Brick Factory
The Brick Factory plans and executes world-class digital campaigns for non-profits, trade associations, advocacy groups and brands. We believe in simple solutions, setting clear goals and objectives, and providing great service to our clients. We believe a good website or campaign is never done and the launch of a website is the beginning, not the end.
The Brick Factory interns will be responsible for supporting our Strategists in conception, implementation and analysis of many digital initiatives. This includes website, social media, email, mobile and other digital marketing efforts that support new business, our products and client campaigns. This position calls for an individual with strong communication skills, analytic skills and creative thinking ability. This position requires a highly resourceful individual who can think on their feet and can focus under pressure.
What you’ll do:
- Help us launch new tools. We’re in the midst of building some great new platforms for our clients. You’ll be right in the thick of it as we launch them to the public.
- Assist in running our client’s digital programs. This involves an active engagement that is beyond management, ensuring that our projects ship on time, goals are set, tracked and met, and our clients are provided with clear, high level recommendations that help them succeed in the digital space.
- Work in a small team environment. You’ll wear multiple hats, provide input and solutions, and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Contribute to our blog. Brick by Brick is our soapbox to spread the thoughts and opinions of The Brick Factory. Once settled, you’ll be expected to develop new post ideas and contribute innovative content regularly.
- Aid in new business and marketing efforts. At The Brick Factory everyone is involved in selling new work. Our interns have a large role in managing advertising and marketing campaigns. You will also be constantly looking to expand the work in our existing client portfolio while reaching out to new business prospects.
- Make yourself and the company better. Meaning that you aren’t ever satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to improve yourself, the company and our clients.
- Something you are interested in. We encourage our interns to tackle a self-driven project from conceptualization to launch during their time with us.
What you bring to the table:
- You’re a fun person to be around.
- You have a passion for work in the digital industry and are excited to learn new things.
- You’re a problem solver. You would rather figure out the best solution than be told how to do it.
- You’re organized. You can manage multiple projects at once and are dedicated to hitting deadlines.
- You have a strong writing background. Your communication skills are exceptional and you have experience creating and editing content for clients.
- Have used or are willing to learn Adobe products such as InDesign, Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
What you can expect from us:
- A metro accessible office in downtown Washington, DC.
- A great work environment, with plenty of opportunity to learn.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Compensation during the extent of your internship.
- A fun team of enthusiastic and talented people.
- Occasional work activities, lunches, and happy hours.
- Additional random perks and benefits.
January 2014 through May 2014 (can be flexible for the right candidate)
20-25 hours a week in the office
Sound interesting? Take a look around our website, blog, Facebook and Twitter. If you think we’d be a good fit please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is January 17th.