March 14, 2016|
We’re Brick Factory and we build websites:
The Brick Factory plans and executes world-class digital campaigns for non-profits, trade associations, advocacy groups and brands. We understand that results matter, and use cutting edge technology to help our clients reach their goals.
We believe in simple solutions, setting clear goals, and providing great service to our clients. We believe a good website or campaign is never done and the launch of a website is the beginning, not the end.
Why You Should Work for Us:
- You’re at the core of a small team – you’ll have plenty of opportunity to take on responsibility.
- You’ll be constantly challenged and will learn something new every day. Trust us – you won’t be bored.
- You get to develop great relationships with your clients where they value your advice and experience.
- You get to work for some great causes: from saving tigers to ending Alzheimer’s to empowering global youth.
- We’re fun to be around.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Wearing lots of hats and working on lots of projects. To be good at your job you have to be a writer, strategist, technologist and designer all at once. You will constantly be juggling new website builds, requests from existing clients, ongoing projects and strategy work.
- Running our clients’ digital programs. This involves an active engagement that is beyond management – your job is to provide our clients with clear, proactive, metrics-based recommendations that help them succeed in the digital space.
- Overseeing the build of new websites and new web features. This means you’ll be interacting with all our departments and guiding projects along, ensuring that quality is up-to-snuff, the project ships on time, and that expectations are met.
- Contributing to our blog. Brick by Brick is our soapbox to spread the thoughts and opinions of The Brick Factory. Once settled, you’ll be expected to develop new post ideas and contribute innovative content regularly.
- Making yourself and the company better. Meaning that you are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to improve yourself, the company and our clients.
To do all this, you really need to have:
- Solid HTML skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Some experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience building a website either individually or as part of a team. Knowledge of the web development process.
- Experience adding or editing content in a web content management system (eg WordPress).
- A strong writing background with the ability to write in different voices for different audiences. (You may be asked to write a business proposal one day and a blog post the next.)
Bonus points if any of the following apply:
- You’ve spent some time in an agency setting and have worked with multiple clients.
- You have some experience with non-profits, advocacy groups, and / or trade associations.
- You’ve worked in Drupal and / or WordPress.
- You’ve got a background in digital strategy. (Maybe that’s online fundraising, list-building, or A/B testing.)
- You understand at least the basics of Search Engine Optimization.
- You have performed quality assurance on websites before (cross browser compatibility, device testing, etc.)
At the end of the day, we are really looking for:
- Someone who can be proactive and really wants to help their clients achieve their goals..
- Someone who is curious, asks “why”, and wants to get to the bottom of problems..
- Someone who can keep everything running smoothly – you’re organized, you’re communicative, you’re deadline driven, and you can keep an eye on the budget.
- And someone who is cool to hang out with.
In exchange, you will get:
- A metro accessible office in downtown Washington, DC.
- A full-time position with a competitive salary, health benefits and 401k matching.
- Budget for training and attending conferences.
- Occasional work activities, lunches, and happy hours.
- Generous vacation/personal time (we close the office between Christmas and New Years!).
- We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sound interesting? Take a look around our website, blog, Facebook and Twitter. If you think we’d be a good fit please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and salary requirements to jobs@ thebrickfactory.