Are you looking to add some website development or digital marketing experience to your resume? Are you hoping for hands-on experience that stands out to employers? Do you like cornhole? Then come work with us at The Brick Factory!
We’re a team of 20 designers, developers and strategists who build great websites and help non-profits achieve their digital goals.
Brick Factory interns are an integral part of our small, client services team. We’re the folks who do digital marketing work for our company and our clients, serve as project managers on website builds, and manage client accounts. You won’t be fetching us coffee, you’ll be getting hands-on experience.
Here’s some stuff you’ll do:
- Use Google Analytics to prepare reports on how our clients’ sites are performing and make proactive recommendations on how we can improve.
- Develop content for and optimize Google AdWords campaigns.
- Assist on website development projects by testing websites and looking for bugs.
- Gain experience in Drupal and WordPress content management systems by helping us manage website content.
- Contribute to the Brick Factory blog by writing about things in digital that interest you.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who’s fun to be around.
- A problem solver. You would rather figure out the best solution than be told how to do it.
- Organization. We’re all busy so we need you to be ready to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Attention to detail. We hope you’re someone who double checks their own work.
- A strong writing background and great communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and a content management system like WordPress. (Knowledge of CSS or Drupal is a big plus.)
- Some experience with Photoshop.
Why you should work for us:
- We’ve got a great, metro-accessible office in downtown DC.
- It’s a part-time internship and, if you’re taking classes, you can schedule your hours around them.
- We have lunch training sessions, office pot lucks, and happy hours. We also have snacks.
- We’ve got a cornhole set in the office.
- We make our internships about you – in your first week we’ll sit down, set some goals you want to accomplish while you’re here, and tailor your experience to meet those goals.
Dates: May 2017 – August 2017 (can be flexible for the right candidate)
Hours: 20-25 hours a week in the office
Sound interesting? Take a look around our website, blog, Facebook and Twitter. If you think we’d be a good fit, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is April 12, 2017