June 23, 2011|
An increasing part of our work at The Bivings Group revolves around helping non-profits and political organizations fine tune their fundraising strategies. This work has taught us that raising money is tough. The down economy has created fierce competition for donor dollars, so organizations have to get creative in order for their solicitations to have an impact.
Into this environment we’re pleased to launch Givings eCards, a new product that provides organizations with a creative and cost-effective way to raise money online.
An eCard is a personalized image and message that an organization’s supporters can send to their friends and family. Giving eCards allows your supporters to not only send a custom eCard through the site, but make a donation to your organization in someone’s name.
Here is how it works from an organizational perspective:
- Organizations sign up for a free account on www.givingecards.com. When signing up, the organization reserves a custom URL for their Giving eCards page (www.givingecards.com/page_name).
- Once the account is created, organizations upload their custom designed eCards to their account. eCards can be categorized dynamically, allowing for sets of cards to be created for common occasions such as birthdays,the 4th of July, graduation, etc.
- Once the eCards are uploaded, the organization promotes their eCard page to their supporter base via email, social media, website links, etc.
- As supporters donate and send cards on behalf of friends and family, the money is automatically deposited into the Paypal account of the organization. Giving eCards takes 5% of the amount raised on top of Paypal’s fees.
- Organizations can access and export all donor information from their Giving eCards control panel at any time.
We’re planning to launch the product in closed beta next week with a more complete roll out in July. If you are interested in giving the product a whirl, please visit www.givingecards.com and sign up to request access to the beta.
eCards Organization Page
eCard Purchase Page