January 8, 2013|
I wanted to post a quick note alerting folks to a new job opening at the Brick Factory. We are looking for a Digital Strategist to join our Client Services team. The job description is below as well as instructions for how to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
Digital Strategist Position at Brick Factory
The Brick Factory plans and executes world-class digital campaigns for non-profits, trade associations, advocacy groups and brands. We believe in simple solutions, setting clear goals and objectives, and providing great service to our clients. We believe a good website or campaign is never done and the launch of a website is the beginning, not the end.
Our Strategist positions aren’t easy. To be good at your job you have to be a writer, strategist, technologist and designer all at once. You will constantly be juggling new website builds, requests from existing clients, ongoing projects and strategy work.
What you will be doing:
- Running our client’s digital programs. This involves an active engagement that is beyond management, ensuring that our projects ship on time, goals are set, tracked and met, and our clients are provided with clear, high level recommendations that help them succeed in the digital space.
- Working in a small team environment. You’ll wear multiple hats, provide input and solutions, and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Contributing to our blog. Brick by Brick is our soapbox to spread the thoughts and opinions of The Brick Factory. Once settled, you’ll be expected to develop new post ideas and contribute innovative content regularly.
- Aiding in new business efforts. At The Brick Factory everyone is involved in selling new work. You will be constantly looking to expand the work in our existing client portfolio while reaching out to new business prospects.
- Making yourself and the company better. Meaning that you aren’t ever satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to improve yourself, the company and our clients.
What you bring to the table:
- You’re a fun person to be around.
- You have a passion for work in the digital industry and are excited to help our clients implement solutions using cutting edge technology.
- You’re a problem solver. You would rather figure out the best solution than be told how to do it.
- You have a strong writing background. Your communication skills are exceptional and you have experience creating and editing content for clients.
- You have experience in social media marketing and digital strategy. You’ve been involved in projects requiring things such as online fundraising strategies, A/B multivariate testing, content creation plans and email list building.
- You’re organized. You can manage multiple projects at once and are dedicated to hitting deadlines.
- You have relevant work experience, preferably 1+ year(s).
- It would be great if you also:
- Have a basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Have used Adobe products such as InDesign, Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Have experience using web analytics and pay-per-click advertising platforms.
- Have worked in an agency setting with multiple clients.
What we’ll bring to the table:
- A great work environment, with plenty of opportunity to learn
- A metro accessible office in downtown Washington, DC
- Budget for training and attending conferences
- A full-time position with a competitive salary
- Occasional work activities, lunches, and happy hours
- Generous vacation/personal time (we close the office between Christmas and New Years!)
- We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Additional perks and benefits